Hi,

You can do this with Lua. Its very easy.

First, you create a lua file containing the following code. The name of
this Lua file is "file.lua".

   function delay_request(txn)
      core.msleep(1000 + txn.f.rand(1000))
   end

Second, you configura haproxy for loading ths file. In the global
section:

   lua-load file.lua

In your frontend (or backend)

   http-request lua delay_request if { ... your condition ... }

Note that I didn't test this configuration, I'm just giving the main
lines. Please share your results, it's maybe interesting for everyone.

Thierry