Hello everyone,

I'm mostly passive on this list but a happy haproxy user for more then 2
years.

Now, we are going to migrate our platform to a new provider (and new
hardware) in the coming months and I'm looking for a way to avoid a
one-shot migration.

So I've been doing some googl'ing and it should be possible to use the
proxy protocol to send traffic from one haproxy instance (at the old site)
to the another haproxy instance (at the new site). Then at the new site the
haproxy instance there would just accept the traffic as it came from the
internet directly.

Is that how it works? Is that possible?

Ideally the traffic between the 2 haproxy instances would be encrypted with
TLS to avoid having to setup an VPN.

Now I haven't found any examples of this kind of setup, so any pointers on
how to set this up would be really appriciated.

Thanks,
Tim