On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 9:09 PM, Lukas Tribus <luky...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know. I'm always only focused on the combination of user-visible
>> changes and risks of bugs (which are user-visible changes btw). So if we
>> can do it without breaking too much code, then it can be backported. What
>> we have now is something which is apparently insufficient to some users
>> so we can improve the situation. I wouldn't want to remove prefer-* or
>> change the options behavior or whatever for example.
>
> Ok, if we don't remove existing prefer-* keywords a 1.6 backport sounds
> possible without user visible breakage, great.
>
> lukas

Ok, just to make it clear, let me write a few conf examples:
- server home-v4 home-v4.mydomain check resolve-prefer ipv4
 => A then AAAA (failover on NX)
- server home-v4 home-v4.mydomain check v4only
 => A only (stop on NX)

If both 'resolve-prefer ipv[46]' and 'v[46]only' are set, whatever
combination, then, v[46]only applies, but configuration parsing may
return a warning.

So we don't break compatibility with current code and way of working!
Brilliant guys :)

Baptiste