On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:37:47AM +0200, Baptiste wrote:
> This is interesting.

Yep, that's in line with the HTTP option to send some server info
with HTTP checks (name, weight and I don't remember what).

> That said, I'm suggesting an improvement: use the log format varialble.

No, please no!

Log-format only works with a session. Here checks don't have any session
and are completely out of band. Most tags and fetches will either not work
or simply crash the system. Not to mention the added complexity in the
config parser to deal with these cases.

In order to simplify the config, I'd suggest just to always send the
exact same string (eg: "backend=XXX; server=YYY\n") which is easy to
expand with new tags in the future if needed (such as the LB node for
example).