On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 7:46 PM, Ryan O'Hara <roh...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Are there any known incompatibilities between a config file for
> haproxy version 1.5 and 1.6? Specifically, is there anything that is
> valid in 1.5 that is no longer valid in 1.6? I'm asking because I am
> considering a rebase of haproxy 1.6 in Fedora/RHEL but need to avoid
> such issues. If I recall, I rebased from 1.4 to 1.5 in Fedora many
> months back and a user ran into a problem in this regard. Any
> information is greatly appreciated!
>
> Ryan

Hi Ryan,

My answer won't be exhaustive, sorry about that. Hopefully, other
people may help.

I think the configuration parser is less permissive. IE, 2 frontends
or 2 backends can't have the same name.
The configuration where the listening IP:port address is set on the
'frontend' line is not allowed anymore.

More ALERT may also be triggered when the configuration parser doesn't
understand a keyword while those keywords used to be silently ignored.
(check alertif_too_many_args_idx() ).

So by definition, many configuration may be broken.

Baptiste