On 06/01/2016 08:49 πμ, Baptiste wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 7:46 PM, Ryan O'Hara <roh...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are there any known incompatibilities between a config file for
>> haproxy version 1.5 and 1.6? Specifically, is there anything that is
>> valid in 1.5 that is no longer valid in 1.6? I'm asking because I am
>> considering a rebase of haproxy 1.6 in Fedora/RHEL but need to avoid
>> such issues. If I recall, I rebased from 1.4 to 1.5 in Fedora many
>> months back and a user ran into a problem in this regard. Any
>> information is greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Ryan
>>

> Hi Ryan,
>
> My answer won't be exhaustive, sorry about that. Hopefully, other
> people may help.
>
> I think the configuration parser is less permissive. IE, 2 frontends
> or 2 backends can't have the same name.
> The configuration where the listening IP:port address is set on the
> 'frontend' line is not allowed anymore.
>
> More ALERT may also be triggered when the configuration parser doesn't
> understand a keyword while those keywords used to be silently ignored.
> (check alertif_too_many_args_idx() ).
>
> So by definition, many configuration may be broken.

It depends on the configuration. I have migrated 1.5 installations to
1.6 with zero configuration problems, but my configurations were quite
simple.

People with complex configuration or configuration which was created on
1.4 and silently copied to 1.5 may see issues on 1.6.

Spec file can run configuration check(-f <file> -c) after installation
and print a warning if configuration is in valid.

Cheers,
Pavlos