Hi Manas,

On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 08:15:56AM -0700, Manas Gupta wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 10:44 PM, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:
> > At the moment, haproxy checks the frontend's stopped state to decide if it
> > needs to force to disable keep-alive on client connections. By the way that
> > makes me realize that we should also check for the "full" state to optimize
> > early release of client connections when the frontend is full. But we could
> > imagine having an extra "stopping" state that could be turned from the CLI
> > to have the exact same effect.
> >

> I am not sure I understand your last comment.

I meant we could imagine to make it possible to turn a flag from the CLI
indicating that we are switching to a graceful stop mode where persistent
connections are disabled, but it should at least be per frontend (per-
process may also be useful of course).

> As a side, is there some doc which explains everything I see when I
> run 'show sess'
>
> for example
>
> 0xfdf780: proto=tcpv4 src=10.193.248.156:51384 fe=ingress be=webs
> srv=web2 ts=08 age=2s calls=2
> rq[f=8848080h,i=0,an=2000h,rx=,wx=,ax=]
> rp[f=80400000h,i=0,an=60000h,rx=4m57s,wx=,ax=] s0=[7,8h,fd=1997,ex=]
> s1=[7,118h,fd=1998,ex=]exp=4m57s

No, there's no such doc and that's intentional, because these elements
are subject to change at any time. They're used only by developers to
help post-mortem analysis. The only way to get their meaning is by
reading dumpstats.c and find where they're extracted. Some of them are
more or less obvious (src, fe, be, srv), some possibly less (age, exp)
and most others are clearly not. You can perform "show sess 0xXXXXX" to
have a more detailed dump of a specific session's state if you're curious.

Regards,
willy