Hi,

We're having a problem with version 1.5.14 of haproxy, packaged for
CentOS 7, but it seems even the code in master is affected.

In situations where bind is not possible (in our case, the address was
already in use) tcp_connect_server returns with a status of 256
(ERR_ALERT). This value is then passed down as exit code for
haproxy-systemd-wrapper.

The problem is that exit value is truncated to the least significant 8
bits, so even if haproxy fails, systemd gets an exit code of 0 and
thinks the service start succeded.

Can you confirm this analysis ? (credits should go to Sofer Athlan-Guyot )
Any workarounds ?
Thanks.