Hi

> > OK. So does this mean that a schema will have to be maintained by hand in
> > parallel or will it be deduced from the dump ? I'm starting to be worried
> > about something not being kept up to date if we have to maintain it, or
> > causing a slow down in adoption of new stats entries.
>
> I envisage the schema being maintained in the same way that documentation
> is. In the draft schema I posted it should not be necessary to update each
> time a new item is added to the output of show flow or show info. Rather,
> the schema would need to be updated if the format of the data changes some
> how: f.e. a new field is added which would be analagous to adding a new
> column to the output of typed output, or a new type of value, such as u16,
> was added.

What if we have the descriptions in the source code, serving as a single
source of truth, and generate the JSON schema file from the source code
upon build?
There might be also another use case for the descriptions in the source
code in the future, though cannot come with an example now.

Regards,
Mirek Svoboda