Hi all,

As a reminder (to me), I sent a patch in december (just before the 1.7.0
release), which immediately closes the HTTP keep-alived connections. Currently,
during the soft stop, HTTP connections are only closed when a request is
processed, it doesn't do anything on connections already in an idle state.
I didn't spend more time on it but having a quick look at it, it may be ready
to merge soon.

About TCP connections, while I wrote the patch, I was thinking about a global
"grace timeout", which will enforce haproxy exit if the soft stop takes too
long (for example when tcp connections don't expire). Something like :

global
  grace 30s

Would it be something acceptable Willy ?

Cheers,
Cyril Bonté