Hello

> On Oct 26, 2017, at Oct 26, 3:13 PM, karthikeyan.rajam...@thomsonreuters.com
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> We have  the set up working, the ping time from local to remote haproxy is
> 204 ms.
> The time taken for the web page when accessed by the browser is 410 ms.
> We want the latency to be 204 ms when accessed by the browser. We configured
> to reuse http & with http-reuse aggresive|always|safe options
> but could not reduce the 410 ms to 204 ms. It is always 410 ms. Please let us
> know how we can reuse http & reduce out latency.
>

> 4. Local haproxy log
> 172.31.x.x:53202 [26/Oct/2017:21:02:36.368] http_front http_back/web1
> 0/0/204/205/410 200 89 - - ---- 0/0/0/0/0 0/0 {} "GET / HTTP/1.0"

This log line says that it took your local proxy 204 ms to connect to the
remote proxy and that the first response bytes from the remote proxy were
received by the local proxy 205 ms later for a total round trip time of 410 ms
(after rounding).

The only way to get the total time to be equal to the network latency times
would be to make the remote respond in 0 ms (or less!). If the two proxies are
actually 200 ms apart, I don’t see how you could do much better.

-Bryan