Hi

------ Originalnachricht ------
Von: karthikeyan.rajam...@thomsonreuters.com
An: haproxy@formilux.org
Gesendet: 27.10.2017 00:13:50
Betreff: HAProxy1.7.9-http-reuse

Hi,

We are testing a setup which has a local haproxy which connects to a remote haproxy which in turn calls an apache server which returns a html page.

Haproxy(local)->Haproxy(remote)->Apache.

We have the set up working, the ping time from local to remote haproxy is 204 ms.

The time taken for the web page when accessed by the browser is 410 ms.

We want the latency to be 204 ms when accessed by the browser. We configured to reuse http & with http-reuse aggresive|always|safe options

but could not reduce the 410 ms to 204 ms. It is always 410 ms. Please let us know how we can reuse http & reduce out latency.
ping is normally icmp and will be answered by the kernel.
http is normally tcp and will be answered by the apache httpd.
How do you measure the latency on the browser site?

Why do you expect that a complete other work flow have the same amount of time?

You can try to use mod_cache or some other cache concepts to reduce the disc I/O, in case you deliver a file and it fits into os cache.

Regards
Aleks

Thanks

Karthik

Please find the version, local config, remote config & local haproxy log

1.haproxy -vv

HA-Proxy version 1.7.9 2017/08/18

---------

2.Local config

-

global

   log 127.0.0.1 local0

   chroot /var/lib/haproxy

   stats socket /run/haproxy/admin.sock mode 660 level admin

   stats timeout 30s

   user haproxy

   group haproxy

   daemon

defaults

   log global

   mode http

   option httplog

   timeout http-keep-alive 50000

   timeout connect 5000

   timeout client 50000

   timeout server 50000

   maxconn 500

frontend http_front

   bind *:80

   stats uri /haproxy?stats

   capture response header Connection len 32

   default_backend http_back

backend http_back

   option http-keep-alive

   http-reuse always

server remote remote.haproxy.internal:80 check inter 60000 maxconn 500

-----

3. Remote config

-

[...]

   server web2 52.91.x.x:80 check inter 60000 maxconn 500

-----

4. Local haproxy log

172.31.x.x:53202 [26/Oct/2017:21:02:36.368] http_front http_back/web1 0/0/204/205/410 200 89 - - ---- 0/0/0/0/0 0/0 {} "GET / HTTP/1.0"