On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 4:22 AM Lukas Tribus <lu...@ltri.eu> wrote:

>Hello Christopher,

>> gist with backtrace, -vv output, and config file. Also strace.
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/jayalane/c6dbe7918aa9635b62c874d20f57dfec
>>
>> It does all the listens and then right after the first epoll is done it
has this segv. all the local variables are "optimized out"

>> (We really want the hard-stop-after -- we get a leak of children with
our super frequent soft-reloads).

>FYI, hard-stop-after has been backported to 1.7 stable and is in all
>rebuilds starting with 1.7.4:

> https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg25494.html
<https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg25494.html>

> Regards,
> Lukas

Olivier:

The patch worked beautifully to keep the 1.8.0 from crashing.

Lukas:

Thanks for the tip, we'll consider 1.7.9 then (settled on 1.8.0 by starting
out with reading the release notes for it; we are upgrading from 1.5.0).

--Chris