On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 09:44:38AM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> Now I'm seeing it. So it means that we're having something wrong with the
> position computation once data start to come in the buffer. Did you notice
> this problem with 1.7 or not ? The random speed at which data arrive in the
> buffer explain the fact that you observe neither 0% nor 100% hit.
>
> Could you please check if adding "option http-buffer-request" makes it
> worse or better ? I guess you'll get either 100% failure or 100% success,
> this will help troubleshooting (and will possibly help you workaround the
> issue for some time).

By the way, I tried hard but never managed to get it to fail at all, so the
tests above will be useful. Also please check in your logs if the faulty
requests have experienced any retry or redispatch. It's in these cases that
the http-send-name-header gets trickier. And since you're using maxconn 1,
I'm wondering if one reason might not be because the server behind is a bit
limited, possibly causing a significant enough number of retries exhibiting
the bug.