Hi Willy

On 2018-02-03 10:05, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Hi Tomek,

On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 08:47:35AM +0100, Tomek Gacek wrote:
I have same issue. It's pretty random as I would say about 60-70% requests
are OK, but rest is failing. I compiled all 1.8 versions and was able to
isolate this a little bit. It's fine up to 1.8.0-dev3 branch and it's
failing since 1.8.0-rc1.
The problem is for SSL connections and after digging in my apps logs it
looks like it's related to reusing keep alived connections between client
and haproxy.
By default I have in config "option http-server-close" present and when it's
there I can see the problem. When this option is removed - problem is
solved.
This is extremely valuable information. I suspect we might have damaged
something in the backend code when inserting the mux layer. Given that
the connection and stream are a bit more independant from each other now
due to the mux, it might be possible that depending the sequence of some
events (eg: connection close), it changes how the close event is
interpreted in the stream. This will definitely help us narrow down the
cause of the issue.

My tests show the problem is caused by this commit
http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy-1.8.git;a=commitdiff;h=c2aae74f010f97a3415542fe649198a5d3be1ea8
This is first snapshot were I was able to recreate problem.

Unable to recreate in previous commit - http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy-1.8.git;a=commit;h=253c62b257c137e7da5c273f42bc5d6eacd31d2c

Regards,
Tomek