Am 2018-02-19 14:04, schrieb Willy Tarreau:
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 12:18:36PM +0000, Pieter Vogelaar wrote:
Hi,

At the moment if we set backends in maintenance mode, the servers can't be
reached by anyone.
Is it possible to still allow traffic from certain IP's (of the office
network) so that testing can be done, before the backend is available to the
general public again?

Please take a look at "force-persist", it's designed exactly for what
you want to do.

can you point out what is wrong with this config?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29248144/working-configuration-for-haproxy-with-the-force-persist-setting

This pretty much how I would end up doing it and I'm curious to know if there are any errors in my thinking.
(haproxy 1.7.9)

Regards
Rainer