On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 07:22:22AM -0400, Dan Kohn wrote:

> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:42:30AM +0100, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
> > > Have you asked the maintainer of the github fork to change the project to
> > > 'unofficial-haproxy' or something else?
> >

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 6:15 AM, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:
>
> > Yes, and he's not opposed to it, he just doesn't have much time to deal
> > with this. In short we "just" have to move this repository somewhere
> > else, possibly on his personal account, and reuse it to periodically
> > push updates. Now that Lukas has purged all issues and pull requests,
> > I'd say that there is not much showstopper to do it. I simply have no
> > idea how to proceed from here :-/
> >

> We've set up our scraper to make use of GitHub and GitHub mirrors rather
> than being able to access any git repo.

OK.

> Would it be possible for you to connect me to the owner of the haproxy
> mirror <https://github.com/haproxy>?

Sure, I'll give you all this off-list.

> We have a good relationship with
> GitHub, and GitHub might be willing to take over the mirror and get it up
> to date again.

Great. We have some good contacts as well (some even on this list), helping
us improve the situation at the beginning, but due to the number of pending
issues and pull-reqs, we didn't want to break everything by then, and since
we've fixed this we haven't made progress (mostly by lack of demand I'd say).
Your argument above is a good reason to complete the move.

> Note that GitHub currently mirrors a number of projects <
> https://help.github.com/articles/about-github-mirrors/>.

That could even be easier to set up, I didn't know.

> And that GitHub is
> an HAProxy user <
> https://githubengineering.com/glb-part-2-haproxy-zero-downtime-zero-delay-reloads-with-multibinder/

Yep, we're well aware :-)