Hi shawn.

Am 13.04.2018 um 03:58 schrieb Shawn Heisey:
> I have a script on my system that I use to handle compiling and
> installing a new haproxy version.  That script has
> "EXTRA=haproxy-systemd-wrapper"on the line that does the install.
>
> It looks like that's no longer part of haproxy, and that the systemd
> service definition (included in contrib) just calls haproxy directly.
> USE_SYSTEMD must be set on the compile command when using the contrib
> systemd script, and the systemd development library must be present.
>
> But I don't see anything in CHANGELOG or README that talks about it at
> all, and definitely nothing saying that the wrapper has been removed,
> and nothing mentioning the new compile requirements.
>
> Was there somewhere else that I should have looked for information about
> how to get 1.8 working with systemd?

In the 1.8 announcement is systemd mentioned
https://www.haproxy.org/news.html
=> https://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg28004.html

There are some information's about systemd in the changelog, a little
bit spreaded as it's a development tool

http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy-1.8.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=grep&s=systemd%7C+%3A+&sr=1

###
1048 2017/06/02 : 1.8-dev2
1131     - MAJOR: systemd-wrapper: get rid of the wrapper
###

In this document is the systemd also mentioned

https://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/1.8/management.html
-W
-Ws

You can take a look into the mailling list archive for some discussion
about systemd and other topics.

https://www.mail-archive.com/search?a=1&l=haproxy%40formilux.org&haswords=systemd&x=23&y=7&from=&subject=&datewithin=1d&date=&notwords=&o=newest

We are open for contribution to polish docs and other parts of this
project ;-)

> Thanks,
> Shawn

Best regards