On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 at 15:09, Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 08:01:13AM -0600, Ben Draut wrote:
> > How about this:
> >
> > * New directive: 'use_system_nameservers'
>
> OK, just use dashes ('-') instead of underscores as this is what we mostly
> use on other keywords, except a few historical mistakes.

I'm *definitely* not trying to bikeshed here, but from an Ops perspective a
reasonable implication of  "use_system_nameservers" would be for the
resolution process to track the currently configured contents of
resolv.conf over time.

AIUI this will actually parse once, at proxy startup, which I suggest
should be made more obvious in the naming.

If I'm wrong, or splitting hairs, please ignore!

> --
Jonathan Matthews
London, UK
http://www.jpluscplusm.com/contact.html