[Top post; fight me]

You could either read an environment variable inherited from outside the
process, or use "setenv" or "presetenv" as appropriate to DRY your config
out.

The fine manual describes how you would refer to this envvar in section
2.3, regardless of which of those options you use to set it.

--
Jonathan Matthews
London, UK