William,

Am 29.05.2018 um 17:09 schrieb William Dauchy:
> We are using Type=notify. I however cannot guarantee we do not trigger
> a new reload, before the previous one is done. Is there a way to check
> the "ready" state you mentioned?

Run systemctl status haproxy. It shows the status:

> [timwolla@/s/haproxy (maxrewrite-warn)]sudo systemctl status haproxy
> ● haproxy.service - HAProxy Load Balancer
>    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/haproxy.service; disabled; vendor
> preset: enabled)
>    Active: reloading (reload) since Tue 2018-05-29 21:25:06 CEST; 22s ago

"Active: reloading (reload)" implies that the haproxy master process did
not signal readiness to SystemD yet. In my cause that is, because I
commented out the line signaling readiness. Readiness is signaled, once
the master process forked off the children, but before unblocking the
signals in the master process.

@William Lallemand Possibly the sd_notifyf should be moved below
mworker_unblock_signals in mworker_wait?

Once the reload finished it should show "Active: active (running)":

> [timwolla@/s/haproxy (maxrewrite-warn)]sudo systemctl status haproxy
> ● haproxy.service - HAProxy Load Balancer
>    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/haproxy.service; disabled; vendor
> preset: enabled)
>    Active: active (running) since Tue 2018-05-29 21:27:58 CEST; 1s ago

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus