We have the same use case as Alex *(mesos load balancing), and also confirm
that our config worked without change 1.6->1.8.

Given our testing you should consider the seamless reload -x option, and
the dynamic server configuration apis.  Both have greatly alleviated issues
we've faced in our microservices-based cloud.

Dave.