Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the time you're taking to check the issue.

I'll get an environment back with TCP splicing enabled and I'll run it in GDB and provide you a core dump

Best Regards,

--
Julien Semaan
jsem...@inverse.ca   ::  +1 (866) 353-6153 *155  ::www.inverse.ca
(www.packetfence.org)

On 2018-07-25 08:59 AM, Olivier Houchard wrote:
Hi Julien,

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 01:29:49PM -0400, Julien Semaan wrote:
Sorry, that was a "can" that really meant "can't" :) I can't reproduce it.
     Aw well, I was surprised it was so easy :)

yea, that would be too easy :)

Can you try to upgrade to 1.8.12 ? A number of bugs have been fixed since
     I did try the upgrade to 1.8.12, got the same results (segfault)
although I wasn't able to confirm it did segfault in the TCP splicing.

What kind hove load do you have when it segfaults ?
     Far from enormous, maximum 10 requests per second, but as I said in my
first post, the amount of TCP retransmissions and resets is very large due
to the fact we're black-holing the traffic since we use haproxy for our
captive portal
     I'd be happy to provide a pcap but for privacy reasons I can't extract
it from a production environment and I can't see to replicate it in lab.

I understand you don't want to send that kind of data.
I definitively can't seem to reproduce it, with a configuration very similar
to yours, including using netfilter to drop random packets to try to match
your setup as best as possible.
I'm afraid unless we're able to reproduce it, or you at least get a core,
it'll be very difficult to debug.

Regards,

Olivier