On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 09:25:04AM +0200, Aleksandar Lazic wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Today was the PR to the website approved which add the haproxy ingress
> controller to the list of Ingress controllers ;-)

Good to know!

> https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/services-networking/ingress/#ingress-controllers
>
> Is there any plan to have a official HAProxy Operator/Controller for
> kubernetes/openshift from HAProxy Inc?

As far as I know, there is no plan to develop a new ingress controller in the
company. Regarding openshift I have no idea.

There was some contributions from the company to this ingress controller, for
example to support DNS discovery and commands on the stats socket.

Since we don't have our own, and since this one is already well developed and
visible, the community will probably consider that this the official one for
HAProxy :)

--
William Lallemand