Bob,

Am 25.09.2018 um 01:08 schrieb Computerisms Corporation:
> if you are still with me, thank you so much for reading this far.  I
> would truly appreciate any thoughts you might have on how to diagnose
> what is causing this issue...

While I don't have any idea from the top of my head your configuration
surely would be helpful.

You might also want to check whether the webbrowser is able to:
a) Set-Up the Websocket with auth-request in between (you should see a
101 Switching Protocols in it's network console).
b) Send credentials for basic authentication for Websockets.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus