On 11/27/18 11:17 PM, PiBa-NL wrote:
Hi Frederic, Willy,

Op 27-11-2018 om 15:00 schreef Frederic Lecaille:
On 11/27/18 10:44 AM, Frederic Lecaille wrote:
On 11/27/18 9:52 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Hi guys,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 09:45:25AM +0100, Frederic Lecaille wrote:
I put the script in the /reg-tests/ folder. Maybe it should have been
besides the Makefile in the / root ?

Yes I think it should be placed at the same level as the Makefile.

Well, we already have a "scripts" directory with the stuff used for
release and backport management. I think it perfectly has its place
there.
/scripts/ sounds good.

Note that the reg tests must be run from the Makefile with "reg-tests" target and possibly other arguments/variables.
Willy recently added REG_TEST_FILES variable.

I've changed the the script to include the LEVEL parameter almost the way the Makefile used it, changed behavior though so without the parameter it it runs all tests.

Ok.

I am sorry Pieter a remaining detail I should have mentioned before:

+  for i in $(find $TESTDIR/ -type d -name "vtc.*");
+  do
+    echo "###### $(cat $i/INFO) ######"
+    echo "## test results in: $i"
+    grep -- ---- $i/LOG
+
+    echo "###### $(cat $i/INFO) ######" >> $TESTDIR/failedtests.log
+    echo "## test results in: $i" >> $TESTDIR/failedtests.log
+    grep -- ---- $i/LOG >> $TESTDIR/failedtests.log
+    echo >> $TESTDIR/failedtests.log
+  done

may be shortened thanks to tee command like that:

     cat <<- EOF | tee $TESDIR/failedtests.log
     .
     .
     EOF
Removed some spaces for indentation which became part of the output.

To make <<- operator work (I think it is portable) we must
add TABS to align the code. And indeed the remaining spaces are taken
into an account. Let's forget that, it is ok with your modifications.

I have tested you script. For me it is OK. Good job!
Thank you a lot Pieter.

OK just let me know what to do with this, should I merge it as-is and
expect minor updates later, or do you or Pieter want to resend an
updated version ? I can adapt, let me know.

I have modified Pieter's patch for the modification mentioned above.
Seems to work ;)

Willy,

Here is a better patch which takes into an account the modification
above and yours (the script is added in "tests" directory).
I think Willy mentioned a 'scripts' directory? Changed patch to include that as well.

Aww yes, sorry.

You can merge it as-is.

Regards,

Fred

New path attached, which includes a LEVEL check.
And a modification of the Makefile to call the ./scripts/run-regtests.sh

Please can someone check it again before merging.?. Thanks guys :).

Perhaps we should "chmod +x" this script.

It is OK on my side.

Thank you Pieter.

Fred.