Hi.

Am 19.12.2018 um 19:33 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
> Hi,
>
> HAProxy 1.9.0 was released on 2018/12/19. It added 45 new commits
> after version 1.9-dev11.
>
> We still had a number of small issues causing the various artefacts that
> have been visible on haproxy.org since this week-end, but now everything
> looks OK. So it's better to release before we discover new issues :-)

Good Idea ;-)

The image is available.

###
docker run --rm --entrypoint /usr/local/sbin/haproxy me2digital/haproxy19 -vv
HA-Proxy version 1.9.0 2018/12/19 - https://haproxy.org/
Build options :
  TARGET  = linux2628
  CPU     = generic
  CC      = gcc
  CFLAGS  = -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fwrapv
-Wno-unused-label -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused-parameter
-Wno-old-style-declaration -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wno-clobbered
-Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wtype-limits
  OPTIONS = USE_LINUX_SPLICE=1 USE_GETADDRINFO=1 USE_ZLIB=1 USE_REGPARM=1
USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_LUA=1 USE_PCRE=1 USE_PCRE_JIT=1 USE_TFO=1

Default settings :
  maxconn = 2000, bufsize = 16384, maxrewrite = 1024, maxpollevents = 200

Built with OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 1.1.1a  20 Nov 2018
Running on OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 1.1.1a  20 Nov 2018
OpenSSL library supports TLS extensions : yes
OpenSSL library supports SNI : yes
OpenSSL library supports : TLSv1.0 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3
Built with Lua version : Lua 5.3.5
Built with transparent proxy support using: IP_TRANSPARENT IPV6_TRANSPARENT
IP_FREEBIND
Built with zlib version : 1.2.7
Running on zlib version : 1.2.7
Compression algorithms supported : identity("identity"), deflate("deflate"),
raw-deflate("deflate"), gzip("gzip")
Built with PCRE version : 8.32 2012-11-30
Running on PCRE version : 8.32 2012-11-30
PCRE library supports JIT : yes
Encrypted password support via crypt(3): yes
Built with multi-threading support.

Available polling systems :
      epoll : pref=300,  test result OK
       poll : pref=200,  test result OK
     select : pref=150,  test result OK
Total: 3 (3 usable), will use epoll.

Available multiplexer protocols :
(protocols marked as <default> cannot be specified using 'proto' keyword)
              h2 : mode=HTX        side=FE|BE
              h2 : mode=HTTP       side=FE
       <default> : mode=HTX        side=FE|BE
       <default> : mode=TCP|HTTP   side=FE|BE

Available filters :
        [SPOE] spoe
        [COMP] compression
        [CACHE] cache
        [TRACE] trace
###

> Speaking more seriously, in the end, what we expected to be just a technical
> release looks pretty nice on the features perspective. The features by
> themselves are not high-level but address a wide number of integration
> cases that overall make this version really appealing.
>
> In the end 1.9 brings to end users (as a quick summary) :
>   - end-to-end HTTP/2
>   - advanced master process management with its own CLI
>   - much more scalable multi-threading
>   - regression test suite
>   - priority-based dequeueing
>   - better cache supporting larger objects
>   - early hints (HTTP 103)
>   - cipher suites for TLS 1.3
>   - random balance algorithm
>   - fine-grained timers for better observability
>   - stdout logging for containers and systemd
>
> And the rest which has kept us very busy was needed to achieve this and
> to pave the way to future developments and more contributions from people
> who won't have to know the internals as deeply as it used to be needed.
> It's expected that the road to 2.0 will be calmer now.
>
> Well, I know that so quick a summary doesn't do justice to the developers
> having done all this amazing work, but I've seen that some of my coworkers
> have started to write an article detailing all these new features, so I
> won't waste my time paraphrasing them. I'll pass the URL here once this
> article becomes public. No, I'm not lazy, I'm tired and hungry ;-)

Amazing work to the whole team.

Take a good food, it's easy in France ;-), and a deep sleep to recharge your
batteries, you and your team have more the deserve it.

> Please find the usual URLs below :
>    Site index       : http://www.haproxy.org/
>    Discourse        : http://discourse.haproxy.org/
>    Slack channel    : https://slack.haproxy.org/