On 1/7/19 9:24 PM, PiBa-NL wrote:
Hi Willy,
Op 7-1-2019 om 15:25 schreef Willy Tarreau:
Hi Pieter,

On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 04:38:21PM +0100, PiBa-NL wrote:
The 23654 mails received for a failed server is a bit much..
I agree. I really don't know much how the mails work to be honest, as
I have never used them. I remember that we reused a part of the tcp-check
infrastructure because by then it offered a convenient way to proceed with
send/expect sequences. Maybe there's something excessive in the sequence
there, such as a certain status code being expected at the end while the
mail succeeds, I don't know.

Given that this apparently has always been broken,
For 1 part its always been broken (needing the short mailer timeout to send all expected mails), for the other part, at least until 1.8.14 it used to NOT send thousands of mails so that would be a regression in the current 1.9 version that should get fixed on a shorter term.

Indeed this script could worked with a short mailer timeout before af4021e6 commit. Another git bisect shows that 53216e7d introduced the email bombing issue.

Note that 33a09a5f refers to 53216e7d commit.

I am not sure this can help.

Fred.