On 1/19/19 8:53 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
Hi Lukas,

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 12:43:34PM +0100, Lukas Tribus wrote:
Hello,


currently we have 4 reg-tests in haproxy-1.8, backported due to the
actual bugfix commit, which included a test. We also have a broken
symbolic link in reg-tests/lua/common.pem, which causes at least some
confusion [1].

This is getting dirty :-/

We don't have any test infrastructure in haproxy-1.8 (Makefile,
reg-tests/README) afaik.

So my question is, where do we go from here? Dropping them all, and
remove the test part in future backports? Or backport the actual
infrastructure so that 1.8 can be tested?

I was interested in backporting them to 1.8 once we have more experience
with them and they're better organized, so that we avoid backporting
reorg patches. I'd say we've made quite some progress now and we could
possibly backport them. But I wouldn't be surprised if we'd soon rename
many of them again since the relation between the level and the prefix
letter has to be looked up into the makefile each time, so probably this
is something we should improve.

Over time I also find that purely numeric tests names are not *that*
convenient and as the mechanism develops, it will even cause more
confusion because multiple people will propose tests with a similar
name, either to document or reproduce an issue, or just because they
want to complete the regtests. And when reading an error report from
vtest, it is quite difficult to figure what was the original test
since we have many identical names in different directories. I see
that Pieter has already migrated to using fully descriptive names in
his new tests, which is probably what we should do.

I propose this renaming (after having modified a "tree" command output, the new names follow the semi-colon characters):

$ tree reg-tests
reg-tests
├── cache
│   └── h00000.vtc : h_basic.vtc
├── checks
│   ├── common.pem -> ../ssl/common.pem
│   ├── s00000.vtc : s_4be_1srv_health_checks.vtc
│   ├── s00001.vtc : s_1be_40srv_odd_health_checks.vtc
│   ├── s00002.vtc : s_40be_2srv_odd_health_checks.vtc
│   ├── s00003.vtc : s_4be_1srv_smtpchk_httpchk_layer47errors.vtc
│   └── s00004.vtc : s_tls_health_checks.vtc
├── compression
│   ├── common.pem -> ../ssl/common.pem
│   ├── h00000.vtc : h_basic.vtc
│   ├── s00000.lua
│   └── s00000.vtc : h_lua_validation.vtc
├── connection
│   ├── b00000.vtc : b_proxy_protocol_random_fail.vtc
│   ├── common.pem -> ../ssl/common.pem
│   └── h00001.vtc : h_dispatch.vtc
├── http-capture
│   └── h00000.vtc : h_multiple_headers.vtc
├── http-cookies
│   └── h00000.vtc : h_cookie_insert_indirect.vtc
├── http-messaging
│   ├── h00000.vtc : h_h1_to_h1.vtc
│   ├── h00002.vtc : h_h2_to_h1.vtc
│   └── h00003.vtc : h_http_request_buffer.vtc
├── http-rules
│   ├── b00000.map
│   ├── b00000.vtc : b_map_regm_with_backref.vtc
│   ├── h00000.vtc : h_h1_to_h1c.vtc
│   ├── h00001.vtc : h_h1or2_to_h1c.vtc
│   ├── h00002.map
│   ├── h00002.vtc : h_converters_ipmask_concat_strcmp_field_word.vtc
│   ├── h00003-be.map
│   ├── h00003.map
│   └── h00003.vtc : h_map_redirect.vtc
├── log
│   └── b00000.vtc : b_wrong_ip_port_logging.vtc
├── lua
│   ├── b00000.lua
│   ├── b00000.vtc : b_wrong_types_usage.vtc
│   ├── b00001.lua
│   ├── b00001.vtc : b_bad_http_clt_req_duration.vtc
│   ├── b00002.lua
│   ├── b00002_print_r.lua
│   ├── b00002.vtc : b_txn_get_priv.vtc
│   ├── b00003.lua
│   ├── b00003.vtc : b_close_wait_lf.vtc
│   ├── common.pem -> ../ssl/common.pem
│   ├── h00001.lua
│   ├── h00001.vtc : h_txn_get_privv.vtc
│   ├── h00002.lua
│   └── h00002.vtc : h_lua_socket.vtc
├── mailers
│   ├── k_healthcheckmail.lua
│   └── k_healthcheckmail.vtc
├── peers
├── README
├── seamless-reload
│   └── b00000.vtc : b_abns_socket.vtc
├── server
│   └── b00000.vtc : b_cli_set_fdqn.vtc
├── spoe
│   └── b00000.vtc : b_wrong_init.vtc
├── ssl
│   ├── b00000.vtc : b_wrong_ctx_storage.vtc
│   ├── common.pem
│   └── README
├── stick-table
│   ├── b00000.vtc : b_unknown_key.vtc
│   └── b00001.vtc : b_converteers_ref_cnt_never_dec.vtc
└── webstats
    └── h_webstats-scope-and-post-change.vtc

18 directories, 55 files


If agreed, I will provide a patch.


Fred.

Reply via email to