On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 11:09:53AM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 09:24:19AM +0000, Luke Seelenbinder wrote:
> > > I've place an nginx instance after my local haproxy dev config, and
> > > found something which might explain what you're observing : the process
> > > apparently leaks FDs and fails once in a while, causing 500 to be
> > > returned :
> >
> > That's fascinating. I would have thought nginx would have had a bit better
> > care given to things like that. . .
>
> Well, it's possible I'm hitting a corner case. I don't want to blame nginx
> for such situations, we all have our share of crap when it comes to error
> handling :-)

Actually I have to stand corrected, the issue is with our idle connection
management. For some reason we pile up new connections instead of reusing
the previous ones and the nginx process fails to stand extra ones past a
certain point. When using "http-reuse always" the issue disappears and I
can never get any issue at all. Now that I've fixed this, I'm seeing the
issue with the SD flags. I don't have this one in the specific case where
I only have one client at a time, though there's still some reuse. Thus it
definitely is a matter of bad interaction between two streams, or one
stream affecting the connection and hurting the other stream.

I now have something to dig into.

Thanks,