Makes sense, Willy. Thanks for continuing to investigate this.

> I'm assuming that this is always reproducible with H2 on the front and
> H1 on the back.

I have not tried it with H1 -> H1, but I assume that case works correctly.
Would it be helpful if I proved it one way or the other?

> I'll see if we can find a reliable reproducer for such
> situations, that will help us nail down this issues.

Would it be helpful if I try to work up a test case? (Bash script with curl or
python or something?) I imagine the request cancellation part would be the hard
part.

Best,
Luke

—