William,

Am 06.05.19 um 11:08 schrieb William Lallemand:
> This socket gives full admin access to HAProxy without being in the
> configuration, so it might surprise the user if it's there after an upgrade,
> it
> should really be configurable. But I agree that it could be nice to have it
> by default.

Fair enough. I guess it could have been acceptable without a backport
(thus 2.0 only).

> Regarding the overriding of ExecStart, I disagree. In my opinion this is a
> confusing solution for the user, when doing that the user won't have the
> update
> of the unit file in the package. Lots of people still prefer /etc/default/ and
> /etc/sysconfig/ to add some options.

I'm not sure whether I understand what you mean by "won't have the update".
With systemd it's fairly easy to just override the ExecStart= with a drop-in
file. Anything else is not modified. As an example: On my server I use this to
disable the PID file, because I think it's useless with systemd.

# /lib/systemd/system/haproxy.service.d/no-pidfile.conf
[Service]
ExecStart=
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/haproxy -Ws -f $CONFIG

> In this case we could indeed use the EXTRAOPTS variable, and add
> "EXTRAOPTS=-S /run/haproxy-master.sock" at the end of the Environment line.

Okay, I've taken the patch from the Debian project and added Apollon (the
author)
and Vincent (the Debian developer I most frequently see on the list) to the Cc.
Please object if you are unhappy with the changes as they are!

Best regards
Tim Duesterhus

Apollon Oikonomopoulos (1):
  MINOR: systemd: Use the variables from /etc/default/haproxy

Tim Duesterhus (1):
  MINOR: systemd: Make use of master socket in systemd unit

 contrib/systemd/haproxy.service.in | 9 +++++----

2.21.0