❦  8 mai 2019 13:44 +00, Veiko Kukk <vk...@xvidservices.com>:

>> It was slightly modified to cleanly apply, because HAProxy's default
>> unit file does not include rsyslog.service as an 'After' dependency.
>> Also the subject line was modified to include the proper subsystem
>> and severity.
>
> I think, instead of After=rsyslog.service, it should be
> After=syslog.service, then any logger daemon could be used that has
> Alias=syslog.service.

After looking a bit more, in Debian, we are using rsyslog.service
explicitely to ensure the presence of a syslog socket inside HAProxy
chroot. As the configuration for this socket is done for rsyslog only,
we depend on rsyslog running for this aspect.
--
Make sure your code "does nothing" gracefully.