Tim,

Am 16.05.2019 um 00:32 schrieb Tim Düsterhus:
> Aleks,
>
> Am 15.05.19 um 22:59 schrieb Aleksandar Lazic:
>> As we use more and more the CI features of github what's the opinion of the
>> community to use this features to create and push Container images to the
>> docker
>> registry via the CI?
>>
>> I'm fine to keep it as it is but from project point of view it could be
>> better
>> to have all together on one place, right?
>>

> As a avid Docker user: I tend to absolutely avoid any Docker images that
> are not built using Docker Hub's autobuilder, because I cannot verify
> the Dockerfile myself (or cannot verify that the resulting image
> actually matches the Dockerfile). And for the images using the
> autobuilder: They are super crap more often than not.

Sorry, I don't understand this statement, what do you mean?

> I don't see any benefit whatsoever for HAProxy to provide image
> themselves. The image in the docker-official-images program is timely
> updated using a scraper [1], it is of high quality (of course )and the
> fact that it's part of the DOI program makes it highly trusted among
> Docker users. Also I keep half an eye on that image to make necessary
> adjustments.

Well why I build the images by myself because I need newer libraries, for
example openssl with tls 1.3, which is not part of the official build.

```
podman run -it --rm --entrypoint haproxy haproxy  -vv
HA-Proxy version 1.9.7 2019/04/25 - https://haproxy.org/
Build options :
  TARGET  = linux2628
  CPU     = generic
  CC      = gcc
  CFLAGS  = -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -fwrapv
-Wno-unused-label -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused-parameter
-Wno-old-style-declaration -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wno-clobbered
-Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wtype-limits -Wshift-negative-value
-Wshift-overflow=2 -Wduplicated-cond -Wnull-dereference
  OPTIONS = USE_ZLIB=1 USE_OPENSSL=1 USE_LUA=1 USE_PCRE=1

Default settings :
  maxconn = 2000, bufsize = 16384, maxrewrite = 1024, maxpollevents = 200

Built with OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 1.1.0j  20 Nov 2018
Running on OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 1.1.0j  20 Nov 2018
OpenSSL library supports TLS extensions : yes
OpenSSL library supports SNI : yes
OpenSSL library supports : TLSv1.0 TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2
Built with Lua version : Lua 5.3.3
Built with transparent proxy support using: IP_TRANSPARENT IPV6_TRANSPARENT
IP_FREEBIND
Built with zlib version : 1.2.8
Running on zlib version : 1.2.8
Compression algorithms supported : identity("identity"), deflate("deflate"),
raw-deflate("deflate"), gzip("gzip")
Built with PCRE version : 8.39 2016-06-14
Running on PCRE version : 8.39 2016-06-14
PCRE library supports JIT : no (USE_PCRE_JIT not set)
Encrypted password support via crypt(3): yes
Built with multi-threading support.

Available polling systems :
      epoll : pref=300,  test result OK
       poll : pref=200,  test result OK
     select : pref=150,  test result OK
Total: 3 (3 usable), will use epoll.

Available multiplexer protocols :
(protocols marked as <default> cannot be specified using 'proto' keyword)
              h2 : mode=HTX        side=FE|BE
              h2 : mode=HTTP       side=FE
       <default> : mode=HTX        side=FE|BE
       <default> : mode=TCP|HTTP   side=FE|BE

Available filters :
        [SPOE] spoe
        [COMP] compression
        [CACHE] cache
        [TRACE] trace
```

Does "they" accept pull requests which changes a lot in the docker file or how
they behave.

I have not a very good feeling about this docker-official-images program as from
my point of view  docker have change in the past so much parts (apis, gui, ...)
that I'm not sure how they behave in the future.

But you know I'm open for suggestions, so if we agree that the
docker-official-images is the image which the haproxy community can commit to it
I'm fine with it.

> Conclusing: The time and effort is better spent elsewhere (i.e. in
> actually improving HAProxy itself).
>
> [1] https://github.com/docker-library/haproxy/
>
> Best regards
> Tim Düsterhus