Hi Eduardo.

That's a pretty interesting question, at least for me.

First why do you restart all haproxies at the same time and don't use rolling
updates ?

https://kubernetes.io/docs/tutorials/kubernetes-basics/update/update-intro/

Maybe you can add a init container to update the peers in the current running
haproxy pod's with socket commands, if possible.

https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/workloads/pods/init-containers/

http://cbonte.github.io/haproxy-dconv/1.9/management.html#9.3

Agree with you that peers possibility would be nice.

Some other questions are.

* how often happen such a restart?
 * how many entries are in the tables?

I don't see anything wrong to use a "quorum" Server. This is a pretty common
solution even on contained setups.

Regards
 Aleks

Wed May 22 15:36:10 GMT+02:00 2019 Eduardo Doria Lima