Hello,
   Ubuntu 18.04  and haproxy 1.9.8 with latest patch on  2019/06/08
   I'm currently encounter haproxy consume all CPU core, at the begging I
curious might relate  to peers function which is our app rely heavily on
those , it happen quite fast after restart service for couple minutes then
it start to consume all CPU core , and there is an impact on service then
consider disable peers function and keep monitoring it still happen but
duration is longer around 10 minutes btw those settings are on production
and serve avg 500 req/s on websocket + SNI

Cheers,
CK