Willy,

Am 13.06.19 um 17:26 schrieb Willy Tarreau:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 10:36:51PM +0200, Tim Duesterhus wrote:
>> Willy,
>>
>> First things first:
>>
>> Yes, I'm aware that this is shortly before 2.0. Either put this into 2.0
>> or put this into `next` if you consider it too risky (or just wait until
>> 2.0 release before merging).
>
> I had a quick look at your description. I'm shocked because I would have
> bet we already do emit Vary (and would have lost). The first approach is

Yes, it's missing. And it's not even documented.

> probably better as the second one can have a big impact on existing
> deployments by totally disabling any front-level cache when they are
> simple enough not to cache when there's a Vary header in the response.

Yes, I agree. The first one was my first patch for that reason. After I
realized that it requires careful ordering in *_set_comp_reshdr I
created the second, more simple one. No one benefits from a Vary header
that sometimes is incorrect. A completely missing Vary header is obvious
at least. In any case the reg-tests I included should prevent most
surprises.

> Could you please create an issue on github about it, and possibly link
> to this thread with your patches so that we don't forget it ?

Sure: https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues/121

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus