On 2019-07-09 10:12, Willy Tarreau wrote:
On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 10:09:36AM +0200, Klaus Foerster wrote:
It might be a good idea to show the netstat and the ss command.

netstat is for example no more installed by default on ubuntu systems,
whereas ss is.
Of course netstat can be installed without issues, but it's not there by
default.

That's sad, though it's understandable given that ubuntu is not exactly
made to be primarily used from the command line for most of their users,
so they possibly don't care about end-user's experience in production
environments where people like to use the same commands on all of
their systems.

But indeed, indicating what command to run instead of netstat on Linux
(at least as a recommended lower cost solution) would be nice.

Hello,

I agree with Willy, as a Linux user (Debian) I've only seen my point of view based on my Linux experience.

If the 'ss' tool is no present on *bsd by example, we have to leave the doc the more compatible as possible.

So forgot my suggestion, sorry for your time.

[Alain Belkadi / LinuxBeach]