Hi Richard.

Wed Aug 21 10:41:36 GMT+02:00 2019 Richard Mason :

> Hi HAProxiers,
 > I'm using HAProxy 1.8 on Centos, and I was wondering if it is possible to
 > configure the tune* parameters by front end?

In general I suggest to use the latest 2.0, especially for your setup.

https://github.com/AxisNL/haproxy-rpmbuild

> Specifically, we have a large number of connections, and need to set:
 > tune.sndbuf.client 2048000
 > We have a few hundred ports to proxy, but not all require such a large
 > sendbuffer, and the difference is a meaningful quantity of memory. Ideally
 > it would only be set on a portion of our proxied ports.
 > At present, the way I can get this to work is by including the tune
 > parameter in the global settings.
 > When I move this to the relevant frontend, then HAProxy refuses to start
 > with the following error:
 > Aug 21 04:36:17 xxx haproxy: [ALERT] 232/043617 (84969) : parsing
 > [/etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg:62] : unknown keyword 'tune.sndbuf.client' in
 > 'frontend' section
 > Is there a way to achieve this per front-end so I can narrow the ports it
 > will be applied to?

Well, as the source say, it's for now only a global variable.

http://git.haproxy.org/?p=haproxy-2.0.git;a=blob;f=src/session.c;hb=d905f49a0dbf78b69f24ee69df10b873680b92ea#l251

I you like you can create a feature request on github for your demand.

https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/issues

> Thanks in advance for your time and for an excellent proxy!
 >
 > Regards,
 > Richard

Best regards
 Aleks