Hi HAProxiers,

I'm using HAProxy 1.8 on Centos, and I was wondering if it is possible to
configure the tune* parameters by front end?

Specifically, we have a large number of connections, and need to set:

tune.sndbuf.client 2048000

We have a few hundred ports to proxy, but not all require such a large
sendbuffer, and the difference is a meaningful quantity of memory. Ideally
it would only be set on a portion of our proxied ports.

At present, the way I can get this to work is by including the tune
parameter in the global settings.

When I move this to the relevant frontend, then HAProxy refuses to start
with the following error:

Aug 21 04:36:17 xxx haproxy: [ALERT] 232/043617 (84969) : parsing
[/etc/haproxy/haproxy.cfg:62] : unknown keyword 'tune.sndbuf.client' in
'frontend' section

Is there a way to achieve this per front-end so I can narrow the ports it
will be applied to?

Thanks in advance for your time and for an excellent proxy!

Regards,
Richard