Hey,

thanks for the feedback. I included the changes in the updated patch.

Best regards
Luca

On 11.09.19, 08:52, "Willy Tarreau" <w...@1wt.eu> wrote:

    On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 03:56:43PM +0200, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
    > Luca,
    >
    > Am 10.09.19 um 15:48 schrieb Schimweg, Luca:
    > > sorry, didn't know about these guidelines. I packed all changes into
one commit in the patch file in the attachments.

https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/blob/e058f7359f3822beb8552f77a6d439cb053edb3f/CONTRIBUTING#L562-L567

    > > I included your changes, you are right, the code looks much better now.
    >
    > I spotted a little typo:
    >
    > ((rnd[1] >> 16u) % 0xFFF) | 0x4000,  // highest 4 bits indicate the uuid
    > version
    >
    > It should read `&` instead of `%` there.
    >
    > > I'm open for any feedback.
    >
    > I suggest to wait for Willy before sending an updated patch. I guess he
    > has some more feedback.

    Thank to you both for the patch and the review. I agree with everything
    Tim said. I have oe other minor comment which is to add an argument check
    function to verify that the argument, if present, is 4, and default it to
    4 when absent. Have a look at sample_conv_protobuf_check() and
    smp_check_concat() for example. Otherwise I'm fine with the patch.

    Cheers,