On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 05:17:59AM +0100, David CARLIER wrote:
> Hi ok fair points I forgot the haproxy's policy for more targeted changes :-).
> For the the thread_info it is both, as it is a pointer type in macOS.

But if it's a pointer type it doesn't have any reason to clash with a
symbol. I'm insisting because I find it awkward and surprising to have
to prefix all variables in a project by the project's name itself to
avoid clashes with anything else. I can understand this for types as
this is quite common, but libraries rarely declare global symbols in
a way that can clash with applications.