On 28 Nov 11:02, Baptiste wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 10:56 AM Julien Pivotto <roidelapl...@inuits.eu>
> wrote:
>
> > On 28 Nov 10:38, Baptiste wrote:
> > > 'hold valid' still prevents HAProxy from changing the status of the
> > server
> > > in current Valid status to an other status for that period of time.
> > > Imagine your server is UP, DNS is valid, then your server returns NX for
> > 2
> > > minutes, then the status of the server won't change. If NX is returned
> > for
> > > more than 5 minutes (as stated in your config), then it will change.
> > >
> > > Baptiste
> >
> > That is really great. Does it mean that with
> >
> > hold valid 1h
> > timeout resolve 30s
> >
> > we can have:
> > 1h of DNS downtime without impact on haproxy
> >
> > but if DNS is up, any change will be picked after 30 seconds?
> >

> yep exactly!
> Previous behavior was wrong (using hold valid as timeout resolve).

hold <status> <period>
  Defines <period> during which the last name resolution should be kept
  based on last resolution <status>

So ... I guess the documentation is not clear here.
 Would you mind clarifying it? I read it as:

host valid 300s

define a period of 300s during which the last name resolution should be kept
based
on last valid resolution

I understand: if we get a valid resolution, we keep the last name
resolution for 300s.

--
 (o-    Julien Pivotto
 //\    Open-Source Consultant