Hi,

currently if you use stick-tables and you follow most of the examples and tutorials out there, you use it with "stick-table type ip ...". I guess that many people (like me in the beginning) don't realize that ip is IPv4 only and you have to use type ipv6 to have support for IPv4 *and* IPv6.

I'd like to propose to make a change for one of the next major versions of haproxy that "ip" gets aliases to what "ipv6" currently is and eventually introduce a new ipv4 type which equals to what type "ip" is now.

What do others here think about this?

Björn