On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 03:00:34PM +0100, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
> However this morning I started thinking whether it might make sense to
> generalize `lua-prepend-path` to `lua-run-string` that would execute the
> Lua script given as the parameter. It might provide better flexibility
> and would be as readable as lua-prepend-path:
>
> lua-run-string "package.path = package.path .. ';/some/path/?.lua'"
>
> Opinions?

I'm seeing some merit in this for quite some stuff which annoys us by
requiring a dedicated file. I'm just a bit anxious about how this can
steer from the original intent, with users seeing it as a way to inline
code anywhere, then complaining that we don't have multi-line strings
nor 64kB long lines :-/

I'm interested in other opinions on this as well.