Bob,

Am 09.01.20 um 19:44 schrieb Zakharychev, Bob:
> I'd say that since the issue can be solved naturally and completely within
> the confines of Lua itself, new parameters should not be introduced in
> HAProxy to give one ability to solve it differently while obscuring the
> solution in configuration of the host program, however tempting this might
> look.

To put my POV into a different perspective: HAProxy is the host program
of the Lua scripts and thus it is responsible for providing a working
environment to the script. It should not need to know how the file
system layout works.
Configuring this environment within HAProxy just feels natural even if
it might be possible to configure this setting from within a dedicated
"configuration script" as well.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus