On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 09:31:07AM -0600, Dave Chiluk wrote:
> Can we get this backported onto the 2.0 and 1.9 stable streams?  It
> looks like it mostly cleanly patches. *(aside from line numbers).

Given that the risk of regression is far from zero (hence the tag "medium"),
I'd rather avoid for a while and observe instead. Very few users will notice
an improvement, maybe only two, but every Lua user would have to accept the
risk of a possible regression, so care is mandatory. We'd do it to 2.1 first,
and after a few releases possibly to 2.0 if there is compelling demand for
this. By then 1.9 will likely be dead anyway.

If you're facing a high enough Lua-based connection rate that would make this
a nice improvement to the point where you'd be taking the risk to use the
backport, I think everyone would very much appreciate that you run with this
patch for a while to help confirm it doesn't break anything.

Thanks,