Hi Ilya, Willy,

Op 14-1-2020 om 21:40 schreef Илья Шипицин:
PiBa, how many CPU cores are you running ?

it turned out that I run tests on very low vm, which only has 1 core. and tests pass.
cirrus-ci as far as I remember do have many cores.
I was running with 16 cores..

can you find single core vm ?

Well, i reconfigured the VM to have 1 core, but same issue seems to show up, though not on every time the test is run, and actually a bit less often..
Below some additional testresults with different kqueue / vCPU settings..

*VM with 1 vCPU*

Running: ./vtest/VTest-master/vtest -Dno-htx=no -l -k -b 50M -t 5 -n 20 ./work/haproxy-08fa16e/reg-tests/compression/lua_validation.vtc
  Results in: 4 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 16 tests passed

Adding "nokqueue" in the vtc file i get:
  8 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 12 tests passed
  4 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 16 tests passed

So its a bit random, but the 'nokqueue' directive does not seem to affect results much..

*With 16 vCPU*
Without nokqueue: 16 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 4 tests passed
With nokqueue (using poll): 17 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 3 tests passed

The failure rate seems certainly higher with many cores..

* Using commit 0eae632 it works OK*
Just to be sure i re-tested on 16 cores with 2.2-dev0-0eae632 but that does nicely pass: 0 tests failed, 0 tests skipped, 20 tests passed

Regards,
PiBa-NL (Pieter)