On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 11:23:09PM +0500, Илья Шипицин wrote:
> btw, is it possible to configure haproxy "to run either with or without
> configured program" ?

It's not possible.

> actually, I'm ok if it will start even if dataplane api failed.

Well, I don't want this to happen, because we will have to handle a failure
status within for the program section, and start to develop a real process
manager. If you need complicated condition like this, I suggest you to start
the dataplane-api with your init system.

> вс, 2 февр. 2020 г. в 22:58, Tim Düsterhus <t...@bastelstu.be>:
>
> [...]
> > > Feb 02 20:50:07 xxx systemd[1]: haproxy.service failed.
> >
> > ... leading to the unit being stopped.
> >
> > So you would have to find out with the dataplane API dies. My educated
> > guess would be that it fails because the port is already being in use by
> > the old dataplane API process.
> >

>From what I understand of the dataplaneapi, it is reloaded upon a USR1 signal,
signal which is sent by the master process upon a reload.

So you probably just need to add "no option start-on-reload" in your program
section to prevent HAProxy to launch the dataplane-api again.

--
William Lallemand