вт, 4 февр. 2020 г. в 00:20, William Lallemand <wlallem...@haproxy.com>:

> On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 11:23:09PM +0500, Илья Шипицин wrote:
> > btw, is it possible to configure haproxy "to run either with or without
> > configured program" ?
> >

> It's not possible.
>
> > actually, I'm ok if it will start even if dataplane api failed.
> >

> Well, I don't want this to happen, because we will have to handle a failure
> status within for the program section, and start to develop a real process
> manager. If you need complicated condition like this, I suggest you to
> start
> the dataplane-api with your init system.

I just followed some examples taken from docs.

I'm pretty ok with using systemd for starting processes. Actually, I do not
see any benefit for starting dataplane api
from haproxy itself (taking into consideration that haproxy is not real
process manager)

> > вс, 2 февр. 2020 г. в 22:58, Tim Düsterhus <t...@bastelstu.be>:
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > ... leading to the unit being stopped.
> > >
> > > So you would have to find out with the dataplane API dies. My educated
> > > guess would be that it fails because the port is already being in use
> by
> > > the old dataplane API process.
> > >

> From what I understand of the dataplaneapi, it is reloaded upon a USR1
> signal,
> signal which is sent by the master process upon a reload.
>
> So you probably just need to add "no option start-on-reload" in your
> program
> section to prevent HAProxy to launch the dataplane-api again.

thank you, I'll try

maybe it should be added to docs.